J is for Jellyfish and Other Fun Atlanta Animals

by Katherine on April 11, 2012

Here’s my first, and almost Wordless Wednesday. Usually I don’t do wordless posts, but today I’ll make an exception. I always talk about Arie, my beautiful White Shepherd, and pet topics relevant for various pet owners and for people in Atlanta. The animals that have my heart in Atlanta don’t stop at the domestic ones–I love going to the zoo and the Georgia Aquarium, the largest in the world, to see various creatures from around the world. Two weeks ago I had the chance to head to the aquarium–Here are a few snapshots of jellyfish and their friends, just for you.

jellyfish at the georgia aquarium

georgia aquarium

Last but not least, check out this adorable otter juggling shells!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Jodi April 12, 2012 at 8:18 am

I don’t usually do Wordless Wednesday either, I prefer to chart my own path. :-)

Your photos are beautiful.

Katherine Katherine April 12, 2012 at 9:00 am

Same here on the chart your own path technique. I like blog hops, but I also like to do my own thing. Thank you for your comment about the photos! I really appreciate it. I want to get a good camera…right now I’m using my phone’s. It’s a great camera for a phone, but I’m drooling over a nice Nikon or Canon. Maybe next Christmas. :)

Georgia Little Pea April 12, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Did you say this was a Wordless post?

I’m in the same boat (to continue your watery theme). The last time (which was the first time) I did a Saturday blog hop (because I was keen to get new input on a question), I got exactly…

…zero hits from it. Haha! I won’t be doing it again any time soon ;)

Jellyfishes are so beautiful and so deadly.

Katherine Katherine April 12, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Haha, my attempt at a wordless post. I’m not exactly good at the wordless part I guess. Jellyfish are interesting creatures…they had so many kinds at the aquarium, it was cool to see.

Snoopy@snoopysdogblog April 12, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Wow – they’re great – thanks for sharing :)

Your pal Snoopy :)

houndstooth May 19, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Oh wow! I LOVE that jellyfish shot! Color me envious that we have nothing like that close to us here!

Katherine Katherine May 21, 2012 at 6:37 am

No aquarium? That stinks! I have to admit it was a nice perk of moving to Atlanta. I love aquariums, zoos, etc. (within the bounds of humane treatment of animals…zoo haters, please don’t attack!)