Before I started working in the digital space, and long before I ever had Arie, I was a pretty regular nanny and a preschool teacher. That time in career gave me my love for… Well, admittedly, I already had a love of them and this was just a great excuse… “kid” movies. Basically, my animated movie collection rivals that of most families of four and I tend to watch them more regularly than most adults; I even have a playlist on Spotify devoted to their soundtracks. Don’t judge me.
A Series you should know and love
One of my FAVORITE series is Wallace and Gromit. If you’re not familiar with the series, check them out. Wallace and Gromit are a lovable duo of inventor and dog companion that are amazingly British, love cheese more than I do (quite a feat), and get into a wide variety of hijinks throughout the stop motion comedy of four shorts and a full length film.
One of the characters that you meet in the process of watching the shorts and the film is a little (and adorable) sheep named Shaun. Well, Shaun garnered a lot of love from the public, so much so that he now is getting his own movie, due out this summer!
The film is an Aardman Animations feature, the studio behind WALLACE & GROMIT and CHICKEN RUN, and tells the tale of Shaun, an adventurous sheep who takes the day off to explore the big city only to find out that life away from the farm isn’t all what it’s cracked up to be. I could tell you more about it, or you could let adorable stop-motion creatures do that:
the drawback to “kids” movies
Now, lovers of kids movies, from those who have kids to those who don’t, all know that the struggle is real when it comes to getting tickets when a new movie from a beloved series comes out. It’s like trying to pry T-swift tickets from a 15-year-old girl. It. Isn’t. Happening. Luckily, because you’re awesome, you know this blog is awesome, and you’re here, you have a chance to get tickets to a special preview August 4, the day before everyone else can.
Da Rules to win thangs
- Special preview tickets will go to one prize winner with a prize pack of goodies for them and their family (note: only one family can win)
- Tickets are for those in the Atlanta area only and will be for a showing on August 4 at 7 PM ET.
- To win, tell us on Twitter or Facebook which of the Wallace and Gromit shorts (or the movie) was your favorite. Chicken Run is also an acceptable answer, as it’s from the same studio!
- Do the above by 11:59 PM ET Monday, July 27 to be eligible to win.
- Winner will be chosen by a RNG after the conclusion of the entry period
Image and video courtesy of and copyright Lionsgate films.