L is for…you guessed it! Life with Arie.
I started this blog in the fall of last year as a creative outlet outside of my work in online content and social media to be sure I didn’t lose my love of the industry, and to discuss my growing life with my new dog, Arie. What I’ve found is an amazing core group of pet people who “get” me and how I feel about animals, lots of laughs, and a lot more. Occasionally, I also get a few blog awards, and get to participate in a few games. Some of these items are WAY overdue so bear with me.
First off, I want to talk about how to best stay connected with Life with Arie–After all, you can’t have a community without interaction! In my social media buttons, you’ll see the usual cast of characters, like the RSS button (subscribing is the best way to stay up to date with Life with Arie!), Facebook, and Twitter, but also a few others. Here are what they do:
Please find us on social sites and say hello! We love to keep in touch that way and through blogs, so if you can, subscribe, or consider adding us to your blogroll for a one click visit to the blog. We’re going to be adding a few more names to ours as well.
Now, onto the games and awards! Tag one of my favorite games as a kid. I may not have been strong, and I may have been several inches shorter than the others, but I was fast and a great hider. Now, we get to play tag with our friends on our blogs!
Lauren from Life with Desmond “tagged” me after she was tagged by Hawk from Brown Dog CBR and Jules from The Daily Dog Blog; she in turn tagged me! It’s a Q and A game, so here are a few answers from us:
- Describe yourself in 7 words/phrases: determined, an introverted extrovert (two words), rule bender, animal lover, cheese fanatic, well-meaning
- What keeps you up at night? 24 years worth a caffeine addiction, silly shows that somehow wrap me in when they were intended to be background noise, when a loved one is hurting, and Arie….because having a 95 lb dog that lays on you in order to get more room on the bed can get old really quick.
- Who would you like to be? Someone that is not remembered for the things they did for themselves, but rather the things they did for others.
- What are you wearing right now? The worst combination of pajamas you’ve ever seen. I’m not a matcher when it comes to sleep time, so my color combinations are hideous; I am also the queen of tacky pajama pants. You have been warned.
- What scares you? The idea lactose intolerance (see the cheese comment above). Failure. The idea of something happening to me, and no one being able to take Arie. The fact that, as the baby of the family, there’s a chance I’ll lose all of my loved ones before they lose me. Spiders.
- The best and worst of blogging. Best: developing an amazing community, having a creative outlet, friends who handle their niches well, without being the crazies of their niches (those of us who are the crazy dog/cat ladies without actually being crazy) Worst: keeping up with the commitment, and the crazies (trolls, aggressive bloggers that travel in packs, etc).
- The last website I visited: Life with Desmond of course, to get the questions for this questionnaire.
- What is one thing you would change about yourself? Get into running. I want to be a runner. I love how free people look in photos and more when they run; many of my friends run, and love it. I want to learn…right now, I’m a runner–walker—weezer–walker–runner–collapse on sofa-er. We’ll get there eventually.
- Slankets — yes or no? No. No to these and to snuggies. I have a very strange texture aversion–The touch of certain felts, velvet, suede, etc. literally makes my skin crawl. The texture of a Snuggie or a Slanket has the exact same effect. Odd, I know.
- Tell us something about the dogs/bloggers who tagged you. Desmond is a big love bug, like Arie, and I wish they were close enough for me to meet him. He and Arie have a few of the same issues with training and a few of the same strengths, which makes me love him even more. Lauren has been a huge inspiration/friend/peer in the dog blogging world. She helped me through the process of becoming an Examiner, and is always there for a great comment, tweet, or other interaction. She’s someone I definitely consider a friend, though we’ve never met and live on opposite sides of the Eastern seaboard.
Now, onto a blog award! AGES ago we were given the One Lovely Blog Award from The Elka Almanac. I’m sure she told us, but we suck and let it slip out mind. Luckily, Technorati reminded us when it showed us posts that had mentioned us. Now to remedy this injustice!
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
1. Link back to the one who gave you this award. Done.
2. Pass the award on to 15 other lovely bloggers. That’s quite a number!
3. Follow the person who sent it to you. Already done!
Now to the passing of the torch. If you’ve already gotten this, forgive me:
- Life with Desmond
- Life with Claire
- My Brown Newfies
- My Tail Hurts From Wagging So Much
- The Daily Dog Blog
- The Chronicles of Cardigan
- I Still Want More Puppies
- Snoopy’s Dog Blog
- The Mis(Adventures) of Sage
- Bringing Up Bella
- Luna, A Dog’s Life
- Life with Sampson and Delilah
- Dog is God in Reverse
- Live. Bark. Love.
Thanks again for stopping by the blog! I love getting to know each and every one of you and your pets, and hearing what you have to say, whether we met through our blog friends or in person at Bark World. You’re all pretty darn awesome!