Arie is a big girl. We’ve been over this before, yes, but Arie’s size is something that is always at the forefront of mind. As a larger White German Shepherd, Arie weighs in at 95 lbs (Note: Arie is not overweight, she’s just a large shepherd–Her parents were 127 lbs and 97 lbs, so I knew what I was getting into.). To support her 95 lb frame and her big German Shepherd personality and exercise needs, she needs a lot of fuel. That translates into a lot of heavy bags of dog food.
Mr. Chewy, an amazing web-based pet food and pet product supplier, has recently been offering a fantastic deal to pet bloggers across the nation, including several friends of ours, and now us! Mr. Chewy offered me a no-strings attached $50 credit to use their site to order a few supplies for Arie and the dynamic duo, my cats. I was excited to try the service out as a few friends have used it and raved about it, so I took them up on their offer and ordered a few things. I strategically picked items to test aspects of shipping:
- One Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Healthy Weight Oceanfish Flavor Cat Food for el gatos in the 15.5 lb bag ($38.99) (regularly $36.99 at my local store)
- Zuke’s Salmon Mini Naturals Dog Treats, 6 oz package ($4.99) (regularly $5.49 at my local store)
- World’s Best Cat Litter Multiple Cat Clumping Formula 7 lb bag ($9.99) ($12.99 at my local store)
- Blue Buffalo Bones Dental Chews for Dogs, 12 oz Regular ($15.99) ($21.99 at my local store)
In this order I picked items for both cats and dogs. I picked a hefty bag of food and of litter, as well as fragile treats in the Zuke’s, which are moist and easy to crush. This way, I could really put shipping care to the test. Placing my order was an extremely easy task; the only part that caused me difficulty was choosing the right items from amongst the amazing Mr. Chewy selection. My one issue here is that they do not carry any of the Nutro Grain Free line, the one that Arie eats, but they do carry the majority of the other products that we use, so it’s not a huge deal–luckily we’re close to several large pet supply stores for that, so no big deal. I completed my order on April 4, I believe later in the evening (As you can tell, this review is LONG overdue). My order was shipped the very next day on April 5 and arrived on my doorstep on April 7.
Everything in my package was perfect. There were no damaged items, everything had been packed with care, and everthing that I ordered was in the box with no mistakes. I was amazed at the fantastic service that was provided.
To sum everything up, let’s go down the checklist, shall we?
- Mr. Chewy carried everything I needed for my pets. Unfortunately, Mr. Chewy does not carry Arie’s food, but they do carry most of the other things my pets use on a regular basis.
- The Mr. Chewy site was easy to use and to navigate. A huge yes to this one. If you’re site does not have great accessibility for the user, I’m very quick to get a negative opinion of your site. Mr. Chewy was easy to use and navigate, leaving me with no questions or frustration.
- Mr. Chewy prices were comparable to my local store. I would rather go to my local store if it’s cheaper because of my budget, but Mr. Chewy showed off with great prices. Almost all of my items cost less through Mr. Chewy than they did at my local store.
- My order from Mr. Chewy was shipped in a timely fashion and properly. I ordered a hefty, diverse order that was delivered a mere three days after I ordered it to Atlanta, GA from Pennsylvania in perfect condition. Wow.
I’m so glad that I tried Mr. Chewy, and I definitely can’t wait to use them again. Right now, as regular readers now, my cats are having to live in South Carolina with family while search for house and live in an apartment. Mr. Chewy is an amazing way for me to be able to mail my parents the cat’s supplies without a worry, so a major asset for me, especially in this current situation. If you’d like to use Mr. Chewy, head to their site today and order something for your pets. When you check out, enter the Life with Arie personal code, KATH144, to get 10% off of your first order. When you use this code, Mr. Chewy will also donate $10 to be split between Best Friends Animal Society, Bidawee, and the North Shore Animal League of America.