When I started this in August (was it August?) it was to be my creative outlet away from work. I work in the Social Media industry, and literally spend eight hours each work day looking over blogs, editing and creating content, and helping clients to hone their presence on Facebook and Twitter.
When I went to college, I was an avid reader. When I got out of college, I realized I hadn’t read a book for pleasure in four years, thanks to a heavy course load in the history department where each class averaged 3-12 books each semester. I started to see that the same thing was happening to me in my career–I wasn’t writing much or spending time on social networks outside of work because I was on them all day already. I didn’t want to give up my passion for writing or connecting to others, so Life with Arie was born. I honestly didn’t know if I would be writing to just myself or the three to five readers I expected to get; I was pleasantly surprised to discover an amazing network of pet lovers writing regular, well-written, witty and inspiring content, and have loved every minute of getting to know you all. Some of our blogger friends have welcomed us to the fold with kind blogger awards that circulate the blogging community, and we’re happy to share them now (sorry for the long delay, lovelies.)
The Kreativ Blogger award was given to us by the other members of what I call the “Life with…” club, Lauren, and, well, Lauren. Lauren from Life with Desmond gave the award to myself and to Lauren with Life with Claire, who then passed the award to me for a second time. The award comes with the following instructions: Share a few things your readers and friends probably don’t know about you, and then pass it along to six other blogs! Here it goes:
- Arie has a love affair with our freezer. No really, she does. Arie first discovered the freezer last summer when it was blistering hot and she was introduced to a piece of ice. Now, any time you open the freezer, she waits expectantly for her piece of ice, or the uber-amazing frozen smart pup, which she goes NUTS over.
- Arie has a bad habit of trying to sit on you. If there’s anything on her side of the couch, she just sits on you so that you realize that her seat is taken. She’s all about subtlety.
- When Arie was a puppy, I had several moments where I thought “getting this dog was madness. Sheer madness,” and I considered letting a friend (who begged me daily for her) have her. Call it early dog-mommy woes. THAT decision would have been madness. I can’t imagine my life without her now.
- Arie has learned several commands, from sit, stay, lay down, up, catch, and a few others, to some that she’s decided to teach herself. She’s taught herself to open doors with lever handles with her nose and to fold down the couch cushions to make a helpful head rest.
- Odd fact about me: I’ve cared about animals since I was itty bitty, but I’ve always had a bleeding heart for any creature in need. I used to get really upset after the rain at the earthworms who had to vacate their homes because of flooding, only to get stuck in the sun or eaten by birds. When it rained, I would take a bucket of dirt (no joke) outside in my rain jacket and “rescue” the worms by scooping them up into my bucket of dirt. I’d release them in the garden when the rain stopped.
- At one point when I was little, my family had three dogs, two cats, a tank full of fish, a hamster, and a parakeet. Thank goodness for our large yard!
Now, to pass on the award, I’m *trying* to give the Kreative Blogger award to blogs who may not have received it and to a few new friends I’ve enjoyed reading.
- Sew Alluring – This is the blog of my dear friend Kelly on her adventures in sewing. While it’s not a “dog” blog, Kelly and I are learning to sew together, and my first project has been a dog collar (photos and post to come soon). Kelly and her husband rescued an adorable little pup, Buttercup, earlier this year, so I think we can include her in the pack.
- Gardening with Wyatt – An adorable pup who shares our love for a green thumb! It’s humorous and fun, and well worth a read.
- Pippa Dog Blog – Pippa is a BEAUTIFUL girl, and so sweet! Check out her blog to see what’s going on in the life of this fun pup.
- AfFURmation – Dawn, the writer behind AfFURmation, started the “31 Days to Build a Better Blog” group on Blog Paws, the first group I joined and how I met many of the bloggers I love today! Check out her blog.
- Your Pets View – Your Pet’s View was another blog involved in the 31DBBB group, and I always enjoyed their comments. Their blog has helpful information for pet parents.
- The Smart Dog Blog – If you’re not reading it, do. This is a great blog that you need to enjoy.
The other award we received was kindly passed on to us from “Luna, A Dog’s Life,” by Luna and her amazing two daddies. As instructed, I have copied and pasted the blog award itself and the information that goes with it:
Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming blogs get the attention they deserve. As with any award, there is a bit of ceremony involved. In order to accept the award, we must do the following:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award.
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs we chose will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.
While I’m not sure how many followers they have, we’re passing the award on to a few of our “dearest” friends online, again trying to get the ones who haven’t yet received the award. If we overlap, we’re sorry!
- Life with Claire and…
- Life with Desmond. The “Life with…” Laurens are two of the bloggers I’ve gotten to know best, and their blogs are daily treats to read. I met Lauren of LWC at BarkWorld; later on, she introduced me to Lauren from LWD and her blog. I love these two ladies!
- The Elka Almanac – Many of you already know The Elka Almanac, but this is an amazing blog. I can really relate to Elka’s mom as Dobermans and German Shepherds both get a bad rap, and her blog is interesting in every post.
- The Daily Dog Blog – Julie and her fur-kid family makes me smile, as they remind me of our multi-pet household.
- I Still Want More Puppies – Really, who doesn’t want more puppies?! Check out this blog and Pup Fan’s Cupcake blog!
Thanks everyone for the awards, and please check out these amazing bloggers! We love reading their posts, and we know you will too!